Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Advantage of the creation of an Advisory Board

When I have founded VIDAIR AG in 1997 somebody told me, that I have to create a well know Supervisory Board if I would like to work in the Aerospace Industry.

At this time I knew somebody he worked for Daimler Chrysler and he recommended a person which maybe could take over the position of the Chairman of the Supervisory Board. He introduced me to Mr. Karl J. Dersch, one of the Founding Directors of the DASA and some other organisations. Karl J. Dersch was well known in the Aerospace Industry.

I have had the chance to present him my idea of VIDAIR AG and he joined VIDAIR AG as Chairman of the Supervisory Board. Karl J. Dersch was one of the great networkers at this time.

In one of our first meetings he told me, that we have to set up an Advisory Board for VIDAIR AG. There was no real legal function of an Advisory Board, but these people could work as dooropener for the different markets.

Through the network of Karl J. Dersch I was introduced to several well know people from the aersospace industry, the defence industry and the automotive industry.

As example we could integrate Mr. Matthias Wissmann the former Minister of Transportation into our Supervisory Board as well Mr. Urlich K. Wegener (Former Commander of the GSG9 Special Forces), Peter Trautmann (Managing Director of the Airport in Munich), Georg Fongern (Speaker of the German Pilot Union), Dr. Wolfgang Burr (Former Head of the Arms Department in the Ministry of Defence) as well Captain Lawrence Hecker (Co-Pilot of the Airforce One), Neil Albrecht (Vice President Sales & Marketing American Airlines).

These are only a few names.

The result was, that VIDAIR was presented approx. 400 times in different newspapers as well in several TV-reports and we got the right entrance to the right decision makers!

Another suggestion of Karl J. Dersch was to join the most important Associations to start networking with the right people.

That was the beginning of my networking time and I have learned how you can accelerate your business as well your success with the help of the right networks.

Many thanks for your attention

Yours Markus Roemmen